Saturday, April 6, 2013

M.I.A.

Hello Everyone!


I hope all is well!.... Well I have been missing in action. I got a little distracted this last week and didn't have a chance to blog. I wanted to give you guys a mini update.

 I'm always being asked by friends, family and their friends for decorating advice or help. This particular room was The Hubs sisters home. I decorated this room December of 2011. It was a challenge as it is a rental home and nothing major would be allowed by the landlord.

The first issue was the flooring! It was unappealing tile throughout the house, so changing it was out of the question. I manage rental properties here in the Los Angeles area, so I have a few connections. I had my carpet guy create a custom size rug for the entire living room. The challenge was sealing the edges on a large rug like this. He managed to come through and did me this huge favor.
 
 
DISCLOSURE: These pictures were never intended to be shown, so it was not properly staged. They were just for my personal pictures.lol... read on...
 

I wanted to do something different then I would do in my home. The Hub painted the walls this beautiful blue. The Hub and his sister are both colored blind so they think it is green lol, as long as I know what color it is! She has 4 kids, so I knew comfort was a must. As we were going furniture shopping, she showed me couches shes was drawn to and I would tell her if it would work. She finally settled on these. The brown cushions came with the sofa, although I didn't care for them much, she liked them and kept them.
 
I actually bought my blue velvet sectional while shopping for her! lol
 
 
The large ottoman, the Hub picked out and I thought it was nice for the kids to have fun on it and  offers plenty of storage.
 
 
 
My prize were these side tables. I bought them at Home Goods for $149.00 and I knew they were a steal. I found them at Nieman Marcus on sale $499.00! Original price $629.00!!! She picked out those white fuzz balls..shes the client so she got them lol. The lamps I cant remember where I got them from, But they are great!
 
 
We also bought this beautiful mirrored chest, but I never took a picture of it. When I get a chance and head over there I will snap a few more pictures.
 

Always,
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Looks great Orlando! Love the side tables. Homegoods is one of my favorite stores. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous side tables! You rarely meet color-blinded girls, it's mostly a guys' gene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The side tables and lamps are beautiful! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete